66 Garland Street • Everett, MA 02149 • 617-389-2597 • 617-947-7643
Andrea Loretz-Frey, Soprano, holds a Master of Music degree in Opera Performance, The Boston Conservatory, May 1996. She has had the privilege of studying with Robert Honeysucker and Elizabeth Vrenios, and holds a BA in German and German Literature from Binghamton University, Binghamton, New York, May 1990.
Experience/ Current Work Overview:
*Performance Experience- Andrea Loretz-Frey has over 25 years performance experience throughout the East Coast, US and Europe and continues performing in Boston, throughout Massachusetts, and New York.
* Vocal Instructor, over 19 years teaching in Boston, Everett, Reading, Rowley, Peabody, Franklin, Byfield, Wakefield, Mass. and L.I. New York – Private, Group and Workshop instruction to students at all levels.
* Founder, co-director of, and performance artist with improvisational performance troupe, Improvelocity. This unique and one-of-a-kind performance troupe incorporates prose and poetic works with improvisational music and voice performance (solo and ensemble) using classical, musical theater, jazz and indigenous genres. Improvelocity also conducts collaborative music and artistic projects with other musicians & artists. Regularly scheduled performances with Improvelocity at present since 2004, visit www.Improvelocity.com
(Live Session recording samples and performances TBA at www.Improvelocity.com)
* Soloist/Cantor and Section Leader singing position: Saint Agnes Parish, Arlington, MA
Message Of The Angels, cd , released September 2003, soloist for contemporary and classical sacred repertoire, directed by Michael Vaughan.
* Soloist, and Guest Artist for hundreds of churches in Boston, throughout Massachusetts, and New York .
* Improvisational music project based on the life and works of Photographer, Edward S. Curtis (1868-1952), TBA.
* Voice Over work
* Member of ISIM (International Society for Improvised Music), SHA (Social Healing Arts), NESHRI (New England Sound Healing Research Institute) , and BSR ( Boston Singers Resource)
Performance Work Overview Present / Past:
Andrea has an extensive performance history of recitals, galas, fundraisers, and other specialized events. She continues performance in a variety of venues with a diverse potpourri of repertoire that includes improvisational performance incorporating mixed genres that include : sacred improvisation, jazz, indigenous aesthetics, opera, sacred works, folk, lieder, classical art songs, musical theater and more.
* Andrea’s musical career started in Stony Brook, New York, where she took vocal lessons at a young age, and did some of her first solos and continued performances throughout Long Island, New York, and Eastern / Western Europe. When she attended Binghamton University for her Bachelor degree, she had the privilege of performing with Tri-Cities Opera, Binghamton, New York from 1989 to 1991 in performances such as Romeo and Juliet, New Moon, Magic Flute, Lakme, Die Fledermaus , and La Boheme under the direction of Petton Hibbet and Carmen Savoca. Andrea was also a soloist for David Buttolph’s arrangement of He’s Gone Away, where she toured abroad in 1988 to Szcezecin, Warsaw, Krakow, Vienna, and Budapest under the direction of David Buttolph. Some of Andrea’s other performing includes: Luiga in Donizetti’s Viva La Mamma,
Don Ettore (La Canterina), Catherine (Washington Square) Clorinda (La Cenerentola), Female Chorus in B. Britten’s Rape of Lucretia, Pamina (Magic Flute), Becca (Showstopper) , 7/23/06, Regent Theater, Arlington http://www.regenttheatre.com/ -- book, lyrics, and music by Steve Gilbane www.Imagetheater.com /http://musicalimprovco.com, and performances with Improvelocity since 2004, visit www.Improvelocity.com.
* The companies/venues Andrea has performed with / continue with, include:
Tri-Cities Opera (NY), Island Lyric Opera (NY), Opera Pro Voce, previously Opera at St. Barnibus (NY),
Longwood Opera (MA), Boston Conservatory (MA), ImprovBoston (MA), Third Life Studio (MA), Zeitgeist (MA), Creative Arts (MA), Operafest (NH), and a great many other performance stages and churches throughout Massachusetts and New York.
Andrea Loretz-Frey has the great opportunity to work with these gifted and generous acting instructors, voice–over coaches, music directors and coaches, accompanists, conductors, composers, and fellow artists:
Scott Brumit, Todd Brunel, David Buttolph, Michael Carey, Richard Clark, Joel Cohen, Darryl Cooper, Jane Cormier, Lia Davis, Carol Dehne, Daena Giardella, Steve Gilbane, Peyton Hibbet, Gloria Hilborn, Leann Hilmer, Levon Hovsepian, Kim Howe, Michael Johnson, Murray Kidd, Kenji Kikuchi, Allen Lannom, Carlos Martinez, Peter Morelli, Greg Neil, Toni Maria Pinheiro, Donna Rolle, Ukumbwa Sauti, Carmen Savoca, Cecelia Schieve, Jeffery Stevens, Michael Strauss, Michael Vaughan, Elizabeth Vrenios, Tim Wallace, Patricia M. Weinmann, Noriko Yasuda, and John Zielinski and many more! Thank you. Also, a very special “thanks” to the many performers with whom I’ve had the pleasure of working with and with whom I work, at present! I will always enjoy the ‘music making’ experience and truly revel in the artistic exchanges that take us to those awesome creative, healing energy ‘hubs’!